Website Aspen People
About the Company
“Aspen People is a UK professional services firm specialising in executive search (senior level recruitment) services. We typically work in partnership with a broad range of private and public sector organisations, helping them to attract and assess the highest calibre leaders.
With a track record of delivering essential appointments across virtually all functional and professional career specialisms, we have a particularly strong reputation in Scotland for delivering Chair, Trustee, Non-Executive Directors as well as Executive Directors, Heads of Service and Chief Executive Officers.
We are still a young business, delighted to have 10 years reputation for delivering impactful leadership appointments at the top executive and non-executive governance levels of organisations. We also deliver interim campaigns at the same management level and we are delighted to be expanding as we prepare to come out of the global pandemic
One of our main goals is to make an impact on society, from education to health and social care, from Charities to housing associations, government bodies and the dynamic social enterprise. We have delivered over 1,000 leadership appointments over these last 10 years and intend to do even more in the future.
The common theme that binds us together is a total dedication to customer satisfaction. We work with fabulous candidates who trust us to present great opportunities to them. We work with great clients who trust us to represent the fullness of each leadership opportunity and organisation to the most diverse range of leaders and influencers in society..
Come and join us we would like you to help us deliver the best leaders!”
Aspen People is looking for an enthusiastic graduate/post-graduate with some customer-facing or professional experience, to take on the position of Talent Partner/ Consultant.
The role offers an incredible opportunity for professional growth, with diverse responsibilities including:
· Manage a number of different assignments at different stages.
· Update and track sales and relationship activity within the CRM Database
· In partnership with the Lead Consultant, prepare for, attend and contribute to client meetings
· Communicate with clients and candidates
· Assist clients with aspects of drafting job descriptions, advertisements, social media updates and information microsites
· Source and engage with job candidates from all walks of life
· Ensure candidates experience a professional, tactful, confidential and efficient added-value communication service
· Sift through candidate applications against job descriptions
· Meet and interview candidates relating to assignments
· Prepare proposals, letters, emails and biographical candidate reports
· Manage candidate references, assignment documentation and prepare confidential reports
· Be proactive in identifying potential new business opportunities for Aspen People
· Create and maintain working relationships with clients and build a network of contacts
· Be an active team member, positively contributing to the smooth running of the office and business
· Strive to build positive relationships with colleagues
· Share knowledge and best practice
Who you’ll be engaging with day-to-day
· Employers/Clients – communicate with clients in relation to live assignments as well as prospective clients in relation to potential new business
· Candidates – communicate with candidates at all stages of assignments
· External suppliers – such as researchers, advertising agencies and hotels relating to assignments
· Internal colleagues – across the organisation at all levels where appropriate
Although not essential, the role could suit a graduate or postgraduate who has already gained some solid work
This role could suit a graduate or postgraduate who has already gained some solid work experience in another professional services field and is looking to change direction; perhaps from law, accountancy or HR. No specific degree background is required as long as you can prove you have the skills to do the job.
The ideal candidate will be able to evidence integrity, values and a high level of customer service and communication skills. They must aspire to work within a team of management consultants who pride themselves on “substance, intellect and service”.
The following qualities will be essential:
- Aspirational and tenacious
- Clear, articulate communication skills at all levels of seniority – (written and verbal)
- Self-discipline to plan ahead and organise workload and deadlines
- Commercially astute with a strong professional profile
- Strong attention to detail
- A sense of humour, pride, determination and resilience
- Strong in common sense, logical reasoning and able to use initiative
- Competitive, yet team-spirited with a calm approach to pressure
- Flexible and able to adapt working style to meet client requirements
The following desirable experience would be helpful to any application:
- Preparation of written proposal documents, Bid and /or tender submissions
- Knowledge of recruitment
- Professional office administrative processes and procedures
- Project management skills
- Experience with Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, email and databases
- Managing a workload to meet tight deadlines
- Working as part of a team and across teams
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.