About the Company
“We are Scotland’s leading environmental charity delivering solutions for low carbon living. A trusted expert with over 30 years of experience.
Changeworks’ vision is for a world where everyone is able to live, work and enjoy life with a low carbon impact.
We recognise climate change is the most significant threat to the environment and our way of life.
We develop and deliver high impact solutions to make low carbon life a positive reality for everyone.
We work with Scottish Government agencies, local authorities, housing associations, businesses, schools, community groups and individuals to:
- Improve energy efficiency
- Reduce fuel poverty
- Prevent waste
- Inspire low carbon behaviours.
We have almost 200 employees and volunteers across Scotland, from Shetland to the Borders.
Passion, integrity, innovation, collaboration and empowerment are the values that drive us.
Changeworks services include:
- Consultancy services: including research and evaluation, energy surveying, modelling and analysis and behaviour change programme planning, training and evaluation.
- Project design and delivery: providing impartial advice and support for householders and communities to improve energy efficiency, renewable technologies, tackle fuel poverty and waste.
- Project and programme management: offering project management and quality assurance services to deliver successful, large scale energy efficiency programmes with partners, including Local Authorities and housing associations aimed at both the fuel poor – supported by grant funding – and the self-funded markets.
- Home Energy Scotland advice centres: supporting householders, community groups, businesses, local authorities and registered social landlords with improving sustainable energy, transport and water use. Funded by the Scottish Government, Changeworks’ delivers Home Energy Scotland advice centres in the South East of Scotland and Highlands and Islands on behalf of the Energy Saving Trust.
- Local Energy Scotland: helping community groups, rural businesses and land managers become more involved in community renewables, whether a community owned scheme or a large-scale commercial project. An independent network funded by the Scottish Government, Changeworks is part of a consortium led by the Energy Saving Trust, responsible for delivering the Local Energy Scotland contract.”
Read more about the vision and values of the Changeworks team on their website
Changeworks has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, self-motivated administrator to join their growing Consultancy team.
The main purpose of the role is to support and contribute to the delivery of high-quality monitoring and evaluation services on a wide range of energy efficiency projects and programmes for internal and external clients.
As the Impact Evaluation Administrator, you’ll support the Impact Evaluation team in delivering Changeworks extensive range of projects. You will handle monitoring activities across multiple energy efficiency retrofits and decarbonisation projects and programmes. The role will include tasks such as gathering social, technical, environmental and financial data to inform improvements to current and future projects.
Changeworks are committed to maintaining a positive, honest and enthusiastic working environment, where staff are treated with respect and empowered to effectively achieve objectives and goals within their roles. The successful applicant will be supported with ongoing coaching, mentoring and development.
Administer monitoring and evaluation services:
- Distribute surveys to householders at the relevant point in their customer journey and record which surveys have been issued in the CRM (‘Power Platform’)
- Gather and record energy usage information at relevant points in the customer journey
- Communicate with householders to optimise response rates and data collection
- Prepare monitors for installation
- Install and extract technical monitors at project sites across Scotland
- Extract data from technical monitors for analysis by data consultants
- Provide updates to project teams on monitoring and evaluation activities
- Liaise with project managers to deliver monitoring activities at the appropriate time
- Produce regular reports of survey submissions to the project delivery team, including survey response content and response rates for progress meetings
Contribute to the delivery of high-quality monitoring and evaluation services:
- Maintain an inventory of technical monitoring equipment
- Maintain technical monitors to the required standards and according to an agreed schedule
- Pro-actively co-ordinate with the Project Management team to ensure sufficient and compliant technical monitors are available for use in projects
- Extract data from survey platforms for analysis by researchers
- Support the delivery of joined-up monitoring and evaluation services organisation-wide
- Support the development and continuous improvement of monitoring and evaluation services as directed by the Impact Evaluation Consultants and Senior Consultant
With oversight from the Impact Evaluation Consultants and Senior Consultant:
- Prepare draft surveys from templates
- Populate presentations and reports with tables and graphics produced by researchers
Provide administrative support to the Consultancy team:
- Provide general administrative support for the Consultancy Team including staff directly involved with Impact Evaluation as required
- Complete data entry for the department as required including administrative tasks associated with the Power Platform
- Liaise effectively with operational and central service teams within Changeworks
- Support departmental and organisational objectives
- Flexible working
- Bike to work scheme
- An excellent pension scheme
- 26 days paid holiday plus 9 public holidays per year
You will be joining an impact-focused team that is continuously developing and delivering multiple projects of varying sizes. This fast-paced environment requires handling multiple workstreams and forward planning, as well as proactively responding to priorities as they evolve during project delivery.
This will be a hybrid working role-based for part of the week at home and part of the week in the Edinburgh office with the expectation that there will be regular trips to sites. Out-of-hours, overnight stays and weekend working may be required, for which time off in lieu will be given.
The role will require an experienced, skilled and committed individual with a demonstrable enthusiasm for the field and a passion for excellence in their work.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent time management, organisational and communication skills. You will be an enthusiastic team player who is interested in helping people and has a passion for excellence. Strong IT skills and attention to detail are essential, as is the ability to work independently and use your own initiative to bring tasks to completion.
Essential experience, skills and qualities:
- Relevant qualification or ability to operate at this level
- Project administration experience
- Ability to handle multiple workstreams to competing deadlines
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Initiative and independent working
- Excellent IT skills and ability to learn new technology/software
- Attention to detail
- A team player and supportive of colleagues
- Enthusiastic and interested in helping people
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- A completer finisher
- Full valid driving licence or other ways of fulfilling the mobility requirements of the job
- Demonstrate flexibility and versatility to work with a range of different teams and stakeholders
- Use their own initiative to provide the best possible outcomes over a wide range of projects
Desirable experience, skills and qualities:
- Experience in a fast-paced commercially focused working environment
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience providing progress reports and updates to managers
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Commitment to Changeworks vision, mission and values
- Commitment to building a fair, compassionate and diverse working environment
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.