About the Company
“Equity Gap is an Edinburgh-based angel investment syndicate, established to help match investors with entrepreneurs looking for early-stage business funding. We aim to make investing accessible and enjoyable for our members through collaboration, a peer network, and centralised administration.
We support prospective companies with access to Equity Gap’s broad base of knowledge and expertise, including support for pitching to our members. Equity Gap members currently invest in over 30 companies, leveraging over £70m in total investment into this portfolio. Equity Gap investee companies have created over 400 jobs, primarily in Scotland, across a range of sectors including consumer product, food and drink, life science and SaaS.”
Find out more about Equity Gap’s vision and values HERE.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an organised and creative individual to take on a marketing coordination role, guiding the brand identity and managing customer touchpoints.
In this role, you will have a comprehensive overview of all facets of the marketing process, market research, through to monitoring the effectiveness and impact of promotional activity.
This is a great opportunity to join a small yet dynamic team where ideas for improvement are always welcome, and in which your skills and abilities will be put to good use. Equity Gap is a very hands-on team in which each member is encouraged to contribute and make their mark. We like curiosity about how things work and might work better, and we are proud to be an organisation that contributes to economic and personal growth wherever we work. Working with Equity Gap you will be helped to develop new skills and knowledge vital to both your professional development and the future of the company.
You will join the Edinburgh-based team working a mix of in-office and remote work. Some travel may be required on an exceptional basis.
– Contribute to Equity Gap’s marketing strategy, using knowledge of emerging marketing channels, digital capability and automation
– Establish strong relationships with stakeholders, including colleagues, marketing agencies and journalists
– Promote Equity Gap through a range of channels, including social media, PR, events, editorial and digital communications
– Create and deliver marketing plans to engage our members, existing and prospective portfolio companies and the wider investment community
– Campaign planning, implementation and evaluation
– Develop Equity Gap marketing collateral to support existing and new stakeholder interactions
– Support designing user experiences to meet the needs of diverse customer groups
– Use appropriate metrics, data and analytics to measure marketing effectiveness and make informed recommendations for future activity
– Identify and manage marketing risks
Equity Gap is looking for a digitally savvy professional with a strong understanding of B2B marketing principles and practices. Applications from people returning to the workforce after a career break will also be welcomed.
Essential skills and qualities:
– Professional Marketing qualification
– Curious, organised and self-motivated
– Strong work ethic & excellent attention to detail
– Confident written & verbal communications
– Strong knowledge and experience of working with Facebook, – LinkedIn, Twitter etc, ideally in a business or promotional context
– Knowledge of CRM systems & E-Marketing protocol
– Digital marketing knowledge (Google Analytics)
Bonus points if you have:
– Graphic design & video editing skills
– Knowledge of social media scheduling tools (e.g., Buffer)
– Project management experience of marketing campaigns
– Public Relation/Press engagement experience
– Experience working in a member-led organisation, with early-stage companies or with private investors
– Experience developing/implementing marketing strategies
Candidates must have the ability to manage their own workload and respond quickly to a range of differing demands. You must be happy to work from home on your own. You will need access to your own computer and mobile phone. Some flexibility around working hours would be advantageous.
Above all else, candidates should have a firm belief in the vision and values of Equity Gap.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.