- one of the UK’s most popular small business finance apps with over 100,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances
- loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered “exceptional”)
- rated 4.7 on Trustpilot. See what customers say
Make a difference 💫
It’s an exciting time in the accounting and banking space. We’re seeing a revolution in the fintech industry and government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.
The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we’re working at the cutting edge. We’re focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
The role 👩🚀
As Group Product Manager within our Accountancy Group, you will lead the product management team responsible for accountancy and tax solutions at FreeAgent. The role provides a fine balance of individual contributor and people management and is a great opportunity for someone looking to gain more experience of people management. You will be responsible for setting direction, executing an ambitious roadmap, delivering a product which is loved by users and successfully meets our business objectives along with managing the product management team under you.
Day-to-day, here’s what you can expect:
- Create and evangelise your team vision and strategy that inspires the organisation and motivates your team
- Promote an innovative and collaborative environment within the team in order to define and organise the TaxEngineering roadmap; encourage open, honest and collaborative communication with the aim to promote a culture of continuous improvement
- Take a data-informed approach to prioritise the roadmap according to our business goals, organise internal and external demands to be able to define an optimal backlog for the team
- Assure solid specification of features for new and current products that promotes good quality of work from the team whilst advocating for the customer
- Define and measure key objectives and KPIs
Identified as a primary point of contact and domain expert for your product area
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to build world class products
- Lead a high potential team in partnership with Engineering and Design
Some more responsibilities:
Manage, develop and coach a Product Manager and Business Analyst accountable for our accountancy and tax solutions for small businesses and accountancy practices
Ideally, you’ll have:
- A background in Accounting and Finance and understanding of how these impact small businesses
- Demonstrable success in a product management role including excellent communication, planning and organisational skills, ideally within an agile environment
- A passion about being part of something special, and for building and delivering great products that provides value to our customers and makes a difference
- A customer-centric and data-informed approach; able to to use data to inform decision making as well as set and track KPIs to measure product success
- Experience of defining, setting and managing OKRs
- A proven ability to influence and persuade, and work with, people of varying levels of seniority
- High levels of empathy with our users and able to understand their challenges and needs
- Experience managing and coaching product managers
It’d be a bonus if you have:
Experience in a digital product business.
An accounting qualification, such as AAT, ACCA, CIMA
A salary of £60,000 – £74,500 per annum. We also provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits which have been carefully selected to protect you, promote healthy lifestyles and give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website.
Creating the best place to work 👩🏽💻
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it!
Over the last year we have adapted well to working remotely as we have been able to rely on our long established remote friendly practices. Looking to the future, we are excited to understand our ‘new normal’ and are committed to exploring the opportunities that a hybrid working environment could bring for our wider team.
Our amazing office in central Edinburgh will remain as our hub and our working environment is light and bright, with inspiring spaces and quiet places. Find out more about life at HQ here!
While we’re remote we’re finding alternative ways to stay connected and enjoy activities together, from our virtual art club to exercise challenges and cake decorating competitions. See how we’ve been getting on!
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple: just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity.
Our selection process includes a phone call with a member of our Talent Team, followed by two interviews and a practical exercise. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent reflect our diverse customer base and bring with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.