one of the UK's most popular small business finance apps
- one of the UK’s most popular small business finance apps with over 100,000 customers. We help small businesses sort out the mess and the stress of managing their business finances
- loved and adored by customers. We have an NPS of 70 (which is considered “exceptional”)
- rated ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ on Trustpilot. See what customers say
Make a difference 💫
We’re on a mission to make small businesses happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances. Our accounting app is already used and loved by thousands of accountants and small businesses and this role is an exciting opportunity to promote a product that makes a real difference to its users and the businesses they run.
We’re seeing a revolution in the FinTech industry, and government initiatives such as Making Tax Digital and Open Banking are opening up new features and products for customers.The technology in this space is changing rapidly and at FreeAgent we’re working on the cutting edge. We’re focused on providing the best possible user experience for our growing customer base.
The role 🧑🚀
To generate marketing qualified leads from UK-based accountants and bookkeepers and assist in converting these leads to signed accounts. To do this you’ll undertake both awareness raising and direct response marketing and collaborate closely with our sales team.
- Planning and delivering marketing campaigns from brief to execution and measurement
- Creating and optimising paid advertising campaigns
- Optimisation of the accountant and bookkeeper section of the FreeAgent website, including landing pages and CTAs.
- Delivering digital marketing according to best practices.
- Working with media partners to deliver and optimise agreed activity
- Developing and managing relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Identifying key opportunities to raise awareness of FreeAgent among accountants and bookkeepers and generate leads
- Tracking, monitoring, analysing and optimising campaign performance
- Analysing and sharing competitor activity
- Managing segmentation to plan and deliver the best results for each audience
Knowledge and experience:
We’d like you to have:
- Strong planning skills, and project and time management skills, with the ability to organise workload
- A strong track record of direct response marketing and lead generation with B2B audiences
- Experience of managing multiple stakeholders across different business areas and working with a sales team
- An excellent eye for detail
- Experience of running digital marketing campaigns
- Experience of customer segmentation and customising campaigns for a high level of relevancy and engagement
- An appreciation of the importance of strong and consistent branding
- The ability to judge creative and give clear feedback to internal or external agencies
- Strong analytical skills and experience of using a web analytics programme to produce relevant reports and insight (e.g. Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics)
- Experience in working with CRM systems (ideally Salesforce)
- Ability to help shape and judge effective copy with a great grasp of grammar
- The ability to create detailed and clear briefs for in house creative teams and external agencies
- Experience of working in a SaaS environment (desired)
- Experience in working with professional services, ideally in the accountancy industry (desired)
We’d like to hear from you even if you haven’t got experience in all of the above. We know the value of transferable skills and experiences and would love to hear about these in your cover letter or answers to our application questions.
A great Senior Marketing Executive will:
- Be numerate and analytical; able to work with complex data sets to analyse activity
- Have excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Be able to prioritise and make decisions under pressure
- Be collaborative and able work effectively as part of a small team and the wider organisation, and be willing to share information and knowledge with the rest of the team
- Be ambitious for what the company can achieve in this area
- Be able to give and receive thoughtful and constructive feedback
- Be resilient and reliable even in difficult circumstances
- Have excellent listening skills
- Have a high level of self-motivation
Annual salary £28,500 – £33,000 per annum depending on experience, plus we provide a comprehensive package of employee benefits, which have been carefully selected to protect you, to promote healthy lifestyles, and to give you peace of mind. You can read more about these on our website. There may be an opportunity to adopt hybrid working for this role and work under an agreed pattern from both the office and at home.
Creating the best place to work 👩🏽💻
We want people to be productive, to have career opportunities, to be focused on meaningful work and to have an excellent work/life balance. We value a diverse team, and we believe the variety of experiences and backgrounds in our team make us stronger. We believe in a learning culture and encourage self-development. We like to think we work smarter, not harder, and try to have fun doing it!
Over the last year we have adapted well to working remotely as we have been able to rely on our long established remote friendly practices. Looking to the future, we are excited to understand our ‘new normal’ and are committed to exploring the opportunities that a hybrid working environment could bring for our wider team.
Our amazing office in central Edinburgh will remain as our hub and our working environment is light and bright, with inspiring spaces and quiet places. Find out more about life at HQ here!
While we’re remote we’re finding alternative ways to stay connected and enjoy activities together, from our virtual art club to exercise challenges and cake decorating competitions. See how we’ve been getting on!
Applying for the role ✍
Our application process is simple: just upload your CV and answer a few questions about why you are interested in this opportunity. Our selection process includes a phone call with a member of our Talent Team, followed by a presentation/technical exercise and a video interview. We work hard to make the process as straightforward, transparent and enjoyable as possible.
We really care about building an inclusive and diverse team and we welcome applications from people with varied backgrounds and perspectives. We want to make sure that the people who build FreeAgent reflect our diverse customer base and bring with them a range of ideas and experiences. What unites us is an openness to suggestions and a drive to solve problems in the best way possible.
Don’t forget to tell us about why you think FreeAgent is the right place for you to make a difference!
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.