About the Company
“We are embarking on a number of flagship digital and data-driven innovation investments – in total, we are investing over £50M over the next 5 years in these new global initiatives, and we aim to work with selected partners to leverage this further, transforming lives and creating opportunities for all.
The GRID at Heriot-Watt has many dimensions. It’s a place for learning, a way of thinking and a catalyst for collaboration. GRID brings together global expertise to tackle current industry challenges whilst pioneering new innovation to drive our future economies and companies of scale.
However, it is people that matter, and we are creating great spaces where creative and brilliant minds are encouraged to share ideas and explore new concepts – tapping into world-class academic resource to stay at the forefront of rapidly changing technology trends.
Through The GRID, HWU is revolutionising the means of learning. Innovation, discovery and entrepreneurship are being placed at the core of learning. The GRID connects our leading academics, high growth technology companies and our research partners to build better products and services for future global markets.”
Learn more about GRID here.
This is a dynamic and multi-faceted role where you will support the development of the enterprise network across the university and community. You will also work closely with the Enterprise Team to provide hands-on business advice to staff and students and support in event delivery for a number of GRID@Heriot-Watt projects.
• Support the outreach to the Heriot-Watt University academic community and development of the enterprise network across the university
• Help build effective relationships with academics and ensure they are positively engaged with the Enterprise
• Lead/support the delivery of the enterprise events, workshops and training to the staff and students
• Assist in guiding academics and students through the commercialisation of their ideas and inventions and providing hands-on business advice on starting a business for staff and students
• Support the development and sharing of resources with the enterprise network through various means of communication (online and offline)
• Ensure all administration associated with the Enterprise engagement and commercialisation activities is completed to a high standard
• Other duties as required to support enterprise delivery and wider commercial objectives
This is a unique opportunity to immerse yourself within an entrepreneurship hub. If you are fascinated by the future and captivated by technology, this opportunity could be for you.
GRID@Heriot-Watt is looking for a bright and organised graduate with a degree in a Technology, Engineering or Business-related subject. You will be enthusiastic about working within a startup environment and have a broad interest in science and technology.
• Experience of effective partnership building and stakeholder collaboration at various seniority levels
• Proactive attitude to work and problem-solving
• Commercial experience, operating in an innovation-centred environment
• Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team. Set and meet joint objectives & deadlines.
• Strong attention to detail and high levels of initiative
• Excellent organisation skills and ability to handle and prioritise a number of tasks simultaneously
• A good understanding of and the ability to use a range of software applications and services (CRM (Salesforce), word-processing, spreadsheets, email, PowerPoint)
• Proven track record of working within a start-up environment
• Understanding of available business start-up support across the UK
• Ability to provide clear reports and advice for the different senior stakeholders within an entrepreneurial and academic ecosystem
• Understanding of academic ecosystems and processes
• Deep understanding of the higher education sector and a broad interest in science and technology
• Ability to understand complex ideas and help articulate them into a coherent commercial value proposition
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.