Are you seeking a Software Development opportunity where you will have real challenge and variety, working with the latest technology on market-leading projects? At Hymans Robertson you will not only have all of the above but will be a valued member of the team, given excellent development opportunities and work in a positive and supportive culture.
We are seeking a Lead Software Developer. If you are seeking the opportunity to lead and pass on your knowledge we would like to talk to you. We have an opportunity available to be based in either our Glasgow or London office as your main base. As with all current roles a lot of the role initially will be home based during the current pandemic. The development team in which this is based were previously operating a working from home pattern of around 2 from 5 days prior to the current lockdowns and that flexibility will remain going forward. We are happy to discuss flexible working arrangements too.
You will be a confident senior developer, able to take a pragmatic yet well-structured approach to designing and developing applications. You should be comfortable leading on development projects and explaining your decisions to others both technical and non-technical.
You will be joining a new web development team working on a critical new product. As such you will be encouraged to ensure best practices across the team and use your knowledge of web development to assist in making key technical decisions throughout the project.
To enjoy and succeed in this role you will likely have:
- Experience of technical and architectural design, with a proficiency for related design patterns.
- Experience of implementing CIpipelines (Azure DevOps and Yaml pipelines a bonus)
- Have a passion for best practices and the ability to explain these to others
- A good understanding of Agile and DevOps
- Enjoy leading the development of a product
- Ability to translate end user/stakeholder requirements into detailed technical/architectural specifications when appropriate and in turn into robust solutions.
- Understanding of non-functional requirements such as security and scalability.
- Ability to collaborate successfully with client and 3rd party technical teams.
- Familiar with and confident across the entire Software Development Lifecycle.
- A passion for technology and development, having extensive hands on experience with the Hymans chosen technology stack (Microsoft development stack).
- Commercial experience with Git
- Strong analysis skills.
- Some experience with HTML5, Angular, CSS3, Knockout js, Bootstrap 3
- Experience with Umbraco
- Collaborative and good team player with excellent communication skills.
- Knowledge of IIS and on premise deployments
To apply for this job please visit hymans.current-vacancies.com.