We are looking for an experienced pension scheme accountant to join the friendly and dynamic pension accounts team in our Birmingham or Glasgow office on a permanent basis.
The Accounting Team is responsible for the production of financial reporting for a broad portfolio of pension scheme clients.
You will be an organised, adaptable self-starter with a strong desire to be an influential part of a successful team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of client annual Pension Scheme Trustee Report and Accounts and supporting workings in line with latest SORP.
- Work collaboratively with team members across locations, partners, consultants and administrators.
- Manage audit relationship, resolve queries and ensure audit sign off.
- Ensure compliance with statutory deadlines and deadlines specified within client agreements.
- Draft Trustees report for consultants to review
- Implement changes in line with statutory legislation and Accounting Standards of Recommended Practice.
- Maintain nominal and investment ledgers for each client in order to prepare financial statements.
- Liaise with Investment Managers and Global Custodians to ensure investment portfolio accounting is delivered in line with SORP and Scheme accounting policies.
- Prepare quarterly financial statements (where relevant).
- Assist with cash flow forecasting, management accounts and budgeting (where relevant).
- Complete and submit ONS returns (where relevant)
Skills and Experience:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA qualified, or equivalent qualification and / or experience
- Strong working knowledge of pension scheme accounts
- Strong numerical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Speed and accuracy of work.
- Rational problem solver.
- Establishes great working relationships with key stakeholders to enhance quality of service
- Maintains a consistent level of professionalism across all roles and responsibilities
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Office applications and accounting systems
To apply for this job please visit hymans.current-vacancies.com.