Website Hymans Robertson LLP
As a payroll administrator you’ll be a key member of the busy pensioner payroll team to deliver a high quality service to our clients and scheme members. We would also be happy to support you with studying for a relevant payroll professional qualification.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Payment of pensions correctly and by due dates
Calculation and deduction of PAYE
- Assisting with calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to Inland Revenue.
- Updating and maintaining pensioner members tax codes.
- Assisting with implementation of pension increases.
- Producing and issuing pension payslips.
- Dealing with pension and tax related queries from pensioner members and other contacts.
- Operating and reconciling pension payroll bank account.
- Assisting with set up of new client pension payroll service.
- Contributing towards the on-going development of the pension payroll services.
- Dealing with third party suppliers, banking contacts and investment managers.
- You should be educated to at least GCSE / Scottish standard (or equivalent) Maths and English, or have relevant experience.
- Ideally you will already have experience of day-to-day pensioner payroll, best practice and working with a pensioner payroll or related system(s).
- Experience in the calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Awareness of service standards and statutory disclosure requirements.
- An understanding of PAYE and other statutory deductions
- Knowledge of the calculation and submission of monthly and tax year end PAYE to HM Revenue & Customs.
- Proactively builds collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Communicates well verbally and in writing.
- A strong team player.
- Effectively manages multiple tasks at once, prioritises and juggles conflicting demands to meet deadlines.
- Keeps calm and focussed under pressure.
Having been established for 100 years we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field in the UK.
We’re independent and work alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions. We offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. Our services are recognised by numerous industry awards.
With over 1000 employees across Birmingham, Edinburgh, London and Glasgow and continually growing. We’ve an engrained commitment to the development of our employees as outlined in our iDeal. Our working environment is refreshing and innovative where independent thinking’s encouraged. Every employee genuinely makes a difference.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment and will take every step to ensure our employees and clients are treated fairly and with respect. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and sections of the community. We can offer flexible working and are happy to consider a variety of working patterns. If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit hymans.current-vacancies.com.