Website Hymans Robertson LLP
Our IT team is made up of enthusiastic and experienced IT professionals who provide cutting edge technology in a collaborative and supportive environment. This role sits within our IT Infrastructure team responsible for investing in and sustaining private and public cloud infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced engineer with IT Security skills and wants to expand their knowledge further in this area. You will participate in the delivery of strategic projects and working closely with colleagues and the IT Network & Security manager to deliver the IT Business Plan.
Our firm invests in the latest industry leading technologies to facilitate the delivery of our ground-breaking business solutions. We adopt integrated ways of working such as “devops” and employ Agile/Scrum methodology approach to manage our work
Key responsibilities will include:
- Respond to all service request tickets that relate to network and security infrastructure, applications, and other associated infrastructure tickets (as required.)
- Assist in driving forward the firm’s IT strategy, with a focus on networking and security infrastructure.
- Technical involvement in scoping, researching, vendor selection, implementation, configuration, documentation and roll out of strategic infrastructure technologies – working with industry leading vendors.
- Proactively monitoring the firm’s network and security infrastructure, (from an availability, security and performance perspective) and take pre-emptive or reactive action based upon this information.
- Serve as technical specialist in troubleshooting and resolving network and security problems – keeping a cool head when there are issues that need to be resolved.
- Help manage the day to day running and configuration changes to the network and security infrastructure and application. Liaising with internal and external contacts where required to achieve success.
- An awareness and or experience of Cloud Security technologies
- To work with fellow team members and the IT Network & Security Manager to build strategic partnerships and relationships with key vendors and suppliers.
- To evaluate emerging technologies in the marketplace and to a business case for adoption where tangible benefits can be brought to the firm.
- Continuous improvement – to drive through identified improvements and/or additional controls and procedures as necessary to sustain our ISO-27001
- Information Security accreditation.
- To adhere to the firm’s Information Security standards, policies and procedures ensuring that they are embedded in everything that we do.
- Vulnerability Management
- Proxy Server
- PKI Infrastructure
- Remote Access/VPN
- Secure File Transfer
- Email Gateways
- Networking Infrastructure
- Load Balancers
- WAN Infrastructure
- WAN optimisation
- Microsoft (Server, Hyper V, PowerShell, etc)
- Office 365
To succeed in and enjoy this role you are likely to have a real passion to develop a career within security infrastructure, working in depth with industry leading products. Experience implementing security infrastructure and ideally networking infrastructure, ideally covering some of the specific technologies in our estate as well as sound document authoring skills. You will enjoy working as a part of a team and be adept at communicating complex technical concepts to colleagues. Experience of working in an Agile/Scrum environment would be beneficial as would the ability to work in partnership with industry leading technology providers such as Microsoft to deliver projects.
- Degree in IT, or relevant experience.
The following IT Certifications would be advantageous (but not essential):
- Microsoft – MCSE, MCSA, MCITP
- Checkpoint – CCSA, CCSE
- Cisco – CCNA
- Security +, Network +
- In depth knowledge of communication, networking and security theory;
- Information Security management (ISO-27001).
Having been established for 100 years we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field in the UK.
We’re independent and work alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions. We offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. Our services are recognised by numerous industry awards.
With over 1000 employees across Birmingham, Edinburgh, London and Glasgow and continually growing. We’ve an engrained commitment to the development of our employees as outlined in our iDeal. Our working environment is refreshing and innovative where independent thinking’s encouraged. Every employee genuinely makes a difference.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment and will take every step to ensure our employees and clients are treated fairly and with respect. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and sections of the community. We can offer flexible working and are happy to consider a variety of working patterns. If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit hymans.current-vacancies.com.