Website Hymans Robertson LLP
We have an exciting opportunity for a high calibre individual to take on a role within our award-winning and growing Insurance and Financial Services team, supporting the Partners, Directors and Senior Consultants across a variety of assignments. The position presents opportunities to get involved in a diverse range of projects, particularly in the areas of: Risk and Capital Management, Investment Strategy and ALM, Longevity and Transactions.
Core to our requirements is the ability to successfully bring solutions to the current client base. It is also essential that the individual has the desire to work on a project basis while relishing the opportunity to work across a number of areas.
- Providing high quality support to our insurance and reinsurance clients both in the UK and globally, either on a consulting basis or via secondment to the client, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Developing and maintaining a good relationship with nominated clients, building a strong network of contacts in the insurance industry
- Identifying and developing further consultancy opportunities with new and existing clients
- Collaborating across the business, particularly with our digital teams, to deliver on cross-business unit projects
- Helping to promote our insurance offerings to a wider audience, which includes conference speaking and writing articles
- Experience in insurance focussed actuarial work, either ‘in-house’ at an insurer or reinsurer, or in consulting, ideally from a life insurance focussed background but general insurance applicants wishing to work across both fields will be considered too, due to our expanding client base
- Experience of planning projects and track record of delivering work on schedule
- A strong track record of achievement and delivery
- Flexible in approach and comfortable with working in a changing environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting demands
- Strong personal values, including a commitment to professional and ethical behaviour
- Collegiate worker with high emotional intelligence, able to quickly establish rapport and chemistry with new colleagues
- Enthusiasm for developing a strong network of contacts in the life insurance industry
- Ability to bring solutions to the current client base
Ability to successfully delegate to less experienced colleagues
- Confident checker with appreciation for the importance of audit trail and controls
- Willingness and ability to travel where necessary
Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of risks facing the life insurance industry, ideally including knowledge of products, acquired in an ‘in-house’ or consultancy role
- Good general knowledge of the requirements of Solvency II and familiarity with the relevant parts of the PRA and FCA handbooks
- Sound grounding in actuarial techniques and strong IT skills
- Dependent on experience, but candidates are likely to be newly or nearly qualified UK actuaries (CERA an advantage, but not essential), or hold another professional or quantitative risk qualification
- Proven commitment to continuous professional development
- Appreciation of risk management frameworks typically used by insurance businesses
Having been established for 100 years we’re one of the leading consultancies in our field in the UK.
We’re independent and work alongside employers, trustees and financial services institutions. We offer pensions, investments, benefits and risk consulting services, as well as data and technology solutions. Our services are recognised by numerous industry awards.
With over 1000 employees across Birmingham, Edinburgh, London and Glasgow and continually growing. We’ve an engrained commitment to the development of our employees as outlined in our iDeal. Our working environment is refreshing and innovative where independent thinking’s encouraged. Every employee genuinely makes a difference.
We’re committed to promoting a diverse and inclusive environment and will take every step to ensure our employees and clients are treated fairly and with respect. We welcome applications from all backgrounds and sections of the community. We can offer flexible working and are happy to consider a variety of working patterns. If you need any assistance in relation to a personal requirement, medical condition or neurological difference during our selection process then please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit hymans.current-vacancies.com.