Hymans Robertson is one of the UK’s leading actuarial consultancies. Our dedicated team of life insurance consultants provide targeted insurance advice in areas including risk and capital optimisation, investments, longevity, and product pricing and development. With offices in London, Glasgow, Edinburgh and Birmingham, we have over 1,000 staff working across a wide range of disciplines and can leverage the wider skills of the firm across investments, risk management and pensions.
We operate as an independent partnership, whose equity is wholly owned by its working partners. We pride ourselves on an innovative, client focused approach. Our clients include some of the UK’s leading insurers, while our continued growth and success has been recognised by numerous industry awards.
We have an exceptional opportunity for an individual to take on a senior role within our award-winning Insurance and Financial Services practice, supporting the Partners and leading on a variety of assignments. The role will be primarily focussed on supporting clients in understanding, quantifying and managing longevity risk.
We are looking for someone with proven experience to lead longevity projects, including longevity transaction support assignments. You will help to leverage wider parts of the firm, including our risk transfer team, for the benefit of our insurance and reinsurance clients and will contribute strongly to prospecting and marketing activity, including thought leadership material and presenting at both internal and external conferences.
- Providing high quality longevity support to our insurance and reinsurance clients both in the UK and globally, either on a consulting basis or potentially via secondment to the client, delivering projects on time and within budget
- Support longevity proposition development, with a particular focus on longevity transactions and reinsurance
- Developing and maintaining a good relationship with nominated clients and prospects, building a strong network of contacts in the life insurance industry
- Identifying and developing further consultancy opportunities with new and existing clients
- Collaborating across the business, particularly with our risk transfer team and longevity specialists in Club Vita, to deliver on cross-practice projects
- Helping to promote our insurance offerings to a wider audience, which includes conference speaking and writing articles
- Experience in longevity risk, either ‘in-house’ at an insurer or reinsurer, or in consulting
- Ideally, experience supporting longevity transactions or longevity reinsurance
- Confident project lead, with appreciation for the importance of audit trail and controls
- Experience of planning projects and track record of delivering work on schedule
- Excellent consulting skills and proven record of delivery
- Flexible in approach and comfortable with working in a changing environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple and sometimes conflicting demands
- Strong personal values, including a commitment to professional and ethical behaviour
- Collegiate worker, able to quickly establish rapport with new colleagues
- Ability to develop a strong network of contacts in the life insurance industry
- Ability to both generate proposition ideas and successfully bring solutions to the current client base
- Ability to mentor and coach junior staff
- Willingness and ability to travel where necessary
- Qualifications and Experience
- Strategic business outlook and knowledge of risks facing the life insurance industry, which will have been acquired in an ‘in-house’ or consultancy role
- Knowledge of the requirements of Solvency II and familiarity with the relevant parts of the PRA handbook
- Sound grounding in actuarial techniques and strong IT skills
- Dependent on experience, but candidates are likely to be qualified UK actuaries with proven, relevant post-qualification experience (CERA an advantage, but not essential), or hold another professional or quantitative risk qualification
- Proven commitment to continuous professional development
- Appreciation of risk management frameworks typically used by insurance businesses
To apply for this job please visit hymans.current-vacancies.com.