About the Company
“Novosound has created a ground-breaking technique for the mass-production of printable ultrasound sensors. Located near Glasgow, the Novosound team is made up of scientific, technical and commercial experts who work together with global clients to develop ultrasound sensor products and solutions for industrial and medical markets.
Commonly known for its use in maternity wards and other hospital departments, ultrasound imaging, is also the go-to tool in industrial settings for safe non-destructive testing (NDT). In the oil and gas industry, for example, Novosound’s new, low-cost, “fit-and-forget” sensors will be fixed along a pipeline to detect potential cracks and faults before they become critical; a problem that has been well-publicised recently for operators in the sector.
In 2020, Novasound was named as one of Scotland’s Top 10 Start-Ups by Insider Magazine, and has been a winner of the Converge Challenge, Scottish EDGE and the Institute of Physics Business Awards.
Over the coming year, Novosound will continue to drive their growth plan, allowing them to expand an already-experienced team, and bring its cutting-edge ultrasound sensors to market.”
The candidate will be responsible for the development of sensor technology and imaging techniques with a focus on biomedical applications. They will be working closely with Novosound’s multidisciplinary team of scientists and engineers, as well as the wider commercial and operations elements of the business, to facilitate high-quality and innovative product delivery.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Design, model and build ultrasound sensors for biomedical applications
- Participate with hands-on development, prototyping and testing of potential biomedical products
- Document observed results, analyse data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations during product development activities
- Produce clear plans and reports of progress relating to biomedical applications, to be communicated with line management and the wider company
- Communicate with external customers, including participation in meetings to advise on enquiries, inform analysis and deliver results. This will also include producing professional-level documentation and reports on the outcomes of testing and development for dissemination to customers.
- Coordinate effectively with engineering staff, advising on the technical aspects of sensor development and applications. This will include the production of concise specification documents to aid in the development of components, products and systems relating to biomedical sensors or applications.
- Communicate with relevant suppliers and partners.
Coordinate with operations staff, producing procedural documentation to aid the handover of production steps to the operations team at the end of the development cycle.
- Engage with the wider industry and research community to ensure Novosound are implementing cutting-edge technology and techniques.
By joining Novosound, you will be part of a world-class team at one of Scotland’s leading, award-winning start-ups. Customers include some of the biggest businesses in the world in aviation, energy and automotive.
- First Class Honours Bachelors degree (or higher) in Physics, Engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- Minimum of 1-3yrs professional experience with technology development; ideally in the development of biomedical devices and/or sensor applications.
- Experience with medical device compliance, including ISO 13485, highly desirable
IT proficiency, including core Microsoft packages
Experience with computer programming such as Python, C, Java, Matlab or Labview.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism in dealing with confidential and sensitive materials/issues
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with a degree of professionalism suited to communication both internally at Novosound and externally, with partners and customers.
- The ideal candidate will be a problem-solver, passionate about innovation and keen to work in the rapid and challenging environment of a start-up company.
They will also be aligned with Novosound’s core values of:
1. Accountability, Integrity and Honesty
2. Technology Underpinned
3. Productivity over Activity
4. Nobody Wins unless Everybody Wins
5. Rapid Growth and Ambition
6. Diversity and Equality
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is 17 October 2021, noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website. Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.