About the Company
“Novosound has created a ground-breaking technique for the mass-production of printable ultrasound sensors. Located near Glasgow, the Novosound team is made up of scientific, technical and commercial experts who work together with global clients to develop ultrasound sensor products and solutions for industrial and medical markets.
Commonly known for its use in maternity wards and other hospital departments, ultrasound imaging, is also the go-to tool in industrial settings for safe non-destructive testing (NDT). In the oil and gas industry, for example, Novosound’s new, low-cost, “fit-and-forget” sensors will be fixed along a pipeline to detect potential cracks and faults before they become critical; a problem that has been well-publicised recently for operators in the sector.
In 2020, Novasound was named as one of Scotland’s Top 10 Start-Ups by Insider Magazine, and has been a winner of the Converge Challenge, Scottish EDGE and the Institute of Physics Business Awards.
Over the coming year, Novosound will continue to drive their growth plan, allowing them to expand an already-experienced team, and bring its cutting-edge ultrasound sensors to market.”
Novosound is looking for an electronics designer to join their multidisciplinary engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager you will design, prototype, and develop analogue and digital electronics for use with their ultrasound products across a range of medical and industrial applications.
They are looking for applicants who enjoy a novel challenge and can work in a fast-paced R&D environment.
- Transforming customer requirements into design specifications and test documentation.
- Design of low noise, wideband analogue circuits to interface between their ultrasound transducers and ADC’s.
- Design of FPGA based digital circuitry.
- Design of high-order passive and active analogue filters
- Design capture and simulation using ECAD tools
- System fault finding and debug activities.
- Verification of PCB design; creating test boards/jigs as required
- Using your knowledge and experience of EMC / LVD regulatory testing to take your designs through the
- CE regulatory process
- Creation of documentation to support product development within regulated markets
- Working proactively to complete scheduled tasks on time
- Peer reviewing
By joining Novosound, you will be part of a world-class team at one of Scotland’s leading, award-winning start-ups. Customers include some of the biggest businesses in the world in aviation, energy and automotive.
- Degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years design experience
- Familiarity with analogue and digital design techniques
- Practical experience with Schematic capture and PCB layout tools
- Experience with circuit simulation would be advantageous
- Good prototyping skills including soldering of surface mount components
- Proficiency in PC-based Microsoft Office tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
The ideal applicant will be aligned with Novosound’s core values of:
1. Accountability, Integrity and Honesty
2. Technology Underpinned
3. Productivity over Activity
4. Nobody Wins unless Everybody Wins
5. Rapid Growth and Ambition
6. Diversity and Equality
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is 17 October 2021, noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.