Southside Housing Association
About the Company
“Southside Housing Association (‘SHA’/’The Association’) is a registered social landlord providing housing and a range of other services across the south side of Glasgow.
Although our core mission has always been as a provider of safe, secure and affordable housing, over the last 50 years we have developed and expanded the range of services we provide to include a variety of housing options, support events and activities.
In 2018, the Association embarked on an ambitious Business Improvement Programme to improve business systems, ways of working and customer service. Since then, there have been significant changes within the way we work with new and existing partners to deliver IT and digital services to our colleagues, and more broadly in how we operate as a business and deliver services to our customers and communities.
Unsurprisingly, the way we work has also been impacted by the disruption caused by COVID-19, which had led to us having more colleagues than ever before working remotely leading to more demands and reliance being placed on portable and mobile devices, business applications, systems and remote desktop services.
We want to create a digitally-enabled organisation with best practice processes, excellent ways of working, and a culture of continuous improvement, and the IT and Digital remit, including this new role, will have a significant amount of responsibility for making that happen.”
The IT & Digital Support Officer role will play an important part in supporting SHA to sustain and embed recent improvements, while also actively contributing to improving how technology can benefit colleagues, customers, and the communities the organisation serve.
In this role, you will provide practical on-site hardware and software support in partnership with SHA’s third-party IT support provider, as well as training and support to staff, committee and customers to ensure the optimum use of IT systems and services.
IT & Digital Support.
- Support Business Support Unit colleagues to setup and distribute end-user devices, including laptops, Chromebooks, tablets, mobile phones and additional accessories
- Working with SHA’s third-party IT support partners at Tecnica Limited to:
- Progress escalated end-user requests and helpdesk tickets and identify root causes of issues, taking proactive steps to mitigate against reoccurrence
- Respond to emergencies and coordinate communications with users
- Develop core IT and digital policies, procedures and processes, including the new start, leaver and mover process
- Achieve and sustain Cyber Essentials Accreditation
- Coordinate ad-hoc core IT projects
Continuous Business Improvement
- Help deliver and inform the SHA IT & Digital Strategy and contribute to the development of future strategies to inform the direction of the IT & Digital remit at SHA
- Be proactive in identifying and driving opportunities to improve the IT & Digital services to colleagues and customers
- Contribute to the development of SHA policies and procedures
- Ensure that all Legal and Regulatory requirements including GDPR and Equalities legislation are adhered to. Report any issues identified.
- Provide basic reports to managers, as required.
Training and Digital Inclusion/Engagement
- Delivering staff induction and training through the ‘SHA Digital Academy’ to continuously improve and develop user skills, knowledge and confidence in using core business systems, including Orchard Housing and Asset, OpenAccounts, eBIS invoicing system, Kelio HR, Interact intranet and additional office and video conferencing applications
- Co-ordinate and deliver digital training to customers, to help tackle digital exclusion and encourage customers to engage with SHA’s digital customer services and benefit from additional key online resources and services
- Keep up to date on matters related to SHA’s work and make improvements that will contribute to personal and organisational effectiveness
- Attend training to ensure that skills and knowledge are up to date and maintain any professional registration through achieving CPD requirements
SHA is looking for a motivated, technically-savvy individual who is looking to take the next step in their career within a values-driven, supportive organisation.
Essential skills and education:
- At least 3 years experience in similar IT/digital support or equivalent role
- Experience in supporting and improving a diverse applications portfolio
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and customers, at all levels
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office suite, corporate databases and video meeting platforms, and an ability to support colleagues with such platforms
- Ability to prioritise a varied workload and produce quality work to deadlines/ KPI
- An ability to develop IT policies and procedures based on best practice
- A knowledge of system administration of Windows Server and Windows Desktop, Windows Domain Administration with Active Directory and Group Policy
- A positive and creative problem-solving attitude
Awareness of Cyber Essentials Accreditation
Experience with backup, disaster recovery and replication tools and best practice
- Educated to degree level or higher in a relevant discipline
- ITIL 4 Foundation certified
- Experience in developing and delivering IT/digital training to both colleagues and customers
- An ability to create network diagrams, user guides, database schema and other relevant system administration and end-user training documentation
- Experience in reporting from SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
The closing date for applications is 3 November 2021, noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through the AAI online application form on our website.
IMPORTANT – Please submit your application documents in the format of [Your full name] CV and [Your full name] CL.
All applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date. State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of the job description.
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.