Data Insight Engineer
Apply by: 30/11/2021
You’ll bring the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunities
Tesco has built its success – and its reputation – on a tradition of excellent service and dedication to the customer, but Tesco Bank is about more than bringing these values to a new market. It’s about bringing a new approach to personal finances and retail banking. As we look to build upon existing talent within our senior and specialist roles, we’re creating a backbone of excellence – offering the highest-calibre of professional a chance for wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in a business that’s breathing new life into the industry
- Job Summary
Will develop data flows and acquisition processes to deliver well structured, efficient and well performing data marts that add value and drive insight capabilities. Strive to deliver best-in-class data solutions that simplifies and enhances daily preparation of data, placing customer needs at the centre of everything we do. Be a subject matter expert across our data domains helping the business to unlock the value by supporting the delivery of insight solutions. You will ensure that data marts add value and are optimised, meaningful and identify opportunities to further enhance the semantic data layer. You will lead activities and be empowered to challenge the status quo.
In this job, I am accountable for:
Design, build and maintain the banks semantic data assets that will drive insight activities for the organization, integrating new data and supporting prototype activity.
- Build safe, automated, and robust Data Flows and Assets. Ensure that fit for purpose validations and controls exist in our Data Flows and Assets to evidence accuracy and timeliness of our data.
- Maintain and deliver best-in-class data assets, striving to continuously improve data assets and processing. Ensure data is well structured, efficient, and extensible therefore building data assets that deliver business value time and again.
- Identify and leverage new and existing data domains, ensuring integration with the semantic data layer adds value.
- Creation and maintenance of sustainable and accurate data solutions, tailored to the needs of the business, that comply with governance, architecture, and risk frameworks.
- Ensure builds align with Data Governance, Architecture and Modelling Principles. Work to build, monitor and maintain fit for purpose documentation such as Data Dictionaries and Entity Relationship Diagrams for our databases and data assets.
- Having a strong eye for detail, demonstrating that data produced is accurate, meaningful and can be used as the source of truth for the bank.
- Be innovative and suggest improved ways of working while collaborating with other EDS colleagues to ensure the best insight solutions are delivered.
- Develop and share knowledge of modern data capabilities and technologies, in particular data platform, data flows, data modelling and data integration.
- Maintenance of existing Data Flows and Assets. Make changes to Data Flows as necessary to ensure they run smoothly or to enhance them as required by the business.
- Work closely with Data Insight Developers and Data Engineers to deliver new data requirements or changes and assist with the integration of data sources. Follow well-structured version control methods to ensure that we can roll back to previous versions and can maintain an audit trail of changes made.
- Identify operational and strategic risks, ensuring that these are managed and recorded within Tesco Bank’s Risk Management Framework. Resolve and manage issues across services, processes, and content.
Experience and knowledge:
- Proven track record of delivering integrated data to drive meaningful self serve analysis and insight
- Experience in Semantic layer data model creation and maintenance, including real time and batch based data loads
- Implementing Data Management controls
- Data Modeling /Data Model Interpretation and Database/Data Solution Design
- Data Analysis/Profiling
- Data processing and model optimisation, including performance tuning
- You must be experienced in programming with cloud-based tools (python, Spark, Airflow etc.)
- Experience of SAS, SAS EG, DI Studio & SAS SQL, R, Shiny (preferred)
- JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, Jenkins knowledge (preferred)
Wherever your talent lies, you’ll find challenge and reward in equal measure. We’re here to go the extra mile for our customers – and we’ll do the same for you. It’s simple. As long as you have the ambition, we’ll provide the opportunity for success. Visit our website and find the role that’s right for you.
To apply for this job please visit careers.tescobank.com.