Serving our customers, communities, and planet a little better every day
IBM iSeries RPG Software Developer, Permanent
Eastleigh, Newcastle or Edinburgh, Flexible/Remote working available
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Apply by: 31/01/2022
The Tesco name comes with a dedication to customer service excellence, but Tesco Bank offers something more: a fresh approach to finance. While it’s an innovation, ours is a business built on the next development, the evolution to come. For forward-thinking, technical professionals, that means making a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in an organisation that’s changing the face of banking for our customers
We’re on a mission to make our customers happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances.
We are looking for an experienced IBM iSeries RPG Software Developer to join our team of Software Engineers who support and enhance our bespoke application software used by our Insurance business. Our team is based in Eastleigh, but successful candidates can also be based out of our offices in either Edinburgh or Newcastle. There are also opportunities for some remote working currently.
What you’ll bring
We work with the following tech stack. We don’t expect you to tick every box, but if you feel you hit most of the brief, it’s worth exploring to further develop your career here with us at Tesco Bank.
Essential experience: At least 2 years of recent experience showing the ability to analyse, design, and develop systems on IBM iSeries using:
- RPGIV ILE free & fixed format; embedded SQL
- DB2 (DDS and SQL DDL)
- RPG Smart Pages (RPGSp)
- Insurance or other financial services
- Developing interfaces with external XML and JSON webservices
- Developing webservices and writing Swagger/YAML specs
- Outsystems Lo-Code
Nice to have experience:
- Programming with 2E (CA/Advantage/Synon)
- Using PTC Implementer (formerly MKS Implementer)
- Developing interfaces with JDE
- Developing EDI interfaces (ideally ABC)
- Developing documentation using Interform400
- Understand business requirements and convert them into clear functional system specifications
- Design system changes according to modular software design principles
- Produce technical specifications for system changes
- Write high-quality code according to defined standards
- Analyse systems to re-engineer, update or add new features
- Analyse and identify the root causes of problems and defects and design suitable fixes
- Produce documentation describing existing systems
- Work according to agreed deadlines
- Work collaboratively in a team of other developers on projects or individually on small changes
How to apply
We value our people and diverse team and believe the variety of backgrounds and experiences make us stronger to achieve our goals. We encourage colleagues to be productive, focus on meaningful work, and look for ways to further develop themselves & career, and have an excellent work/life balance
Our colleagues are working remotely. Looking to the future, we are excited to understand our ‘new normal’ and are committed to exploring the opportunities that a hybrid working environment could bring for our wider team. If you’re interested in finding out more about what a career at Tesco Bank looks like,
, click the link below and then click apply now to find out more!
To apply for this job please visit careers.tescobank.com.