Serving our customers, communities, and planet a little better every day
Senior iOS Developer
Edinburgh or Newcastle, Flexible/Remote working available
Excellent Salary & Benefits
Apply by: 31/12/2021
The Tesco name comes with a dedication to customer service excellence, but Tesco Bank offers something more: a fresh approach to finance. While it’s an innovation, ours is a business built on the next development, the evolution to come. For forward-thinking, technical professionals, that means making a wide-ranging and long-lasting impact in an organisation that’s changing the face of banking for our customers
We’re on a mission to make our customers happier and more successful by putting them in control of their finances.
- Coaching and mentoring less experienced developers, sharing knowledge through constructive code reviews
- Evolve the design of the solution as the requirements and technical landscape changes
- Adapt development approach as projects evolve, continuously improving processes and practices
- Actively look for emerging technologies and development approaches that can help our software development effort
- Build a technical specialism in one or more development platforms, while at the same time keeping a broad view of our technologies and languages
- Development of new applications
- Support of live applications – troubleshooting, defect triage, problem diagnosis, root cause analysis
- Refactoring of existing applications
What you’ll bring
We work with the following tech stack, we don’t expect you to tick every box, and if you feel you hit most of the brief, it’s worth exploring to further develop your career here with us at Tesco Bank.
- Extensive iOS development experience
In-depth knowledge of objective C and Swift programming languages
- Extensive knowledge of mobile device architectures and mobile development platform
- Experience of integration with third-party libraries
- Experience of working with encryption software
- Experience of working with CI
- Experience of using a DVCS such as GIT
- Strong experience in mobile application software development
How to apply
We value our people and diverse team and believe the variety of backgrounds and experiences make us stronger to achieve our goals. We encourage colleagues to be productive, focus on meaningful work, and look for ways to further develop themselves & career, and have an excellent work/life balance
Our colleagues are working remotely. Looking to the future, we are excited to understand our ‘new normal’ and are committed to exploring the opportunities that a hybrid working environment could bring for our wider team. If you’re interested in finding out more about what a career at Tesco Bank looks like, then click apply now to find out more!
To apply for this job please visit careers.tescobank.com.