The Podcast Host
About The Company
“We’re podcast geeks, and if you’re not already, then we’ll turn you into one! We speak, we teach and we build, all to help you create an amazing show, and get your voice out in the world.
Our core area of work is in helping anyone to launch, grow and monetise their own successful podcast.
We earn our living in three main ways:
1. Running a Software as a Service (SAAS) web application, Alitu, which is a tool to help people create a podcast. The user can upload an audio file, and our system can clean it up, add their branding and publish it, all automatically. SAAS growth & marketing is a really interesting and growing area, and you’ll help us create our strategy around that.
2. Supporting a close community of all-in media creators within our paid course library: The Podcast Host Academy. The community contains courses, resources and live-taught events to help anyone learn how to run a better show.
3. Affiliate and Sponsorship related to our free content. This means researching customer problems and needs, and creating content that really helps them. This is then monetised through product recommendations, sponsorship and other methods.”
More information about the vision, values and company culture The Podcast Host can be found here.
Get giddy about growth? Fan of funnels? Read on!
The Podcast Host is looking for a passionate marketer with a mix of analytical and creative skills to grow with them as they 10x the business over the next 5 years.
You’ll join a supportive, growing team in the fast-evolving podcasting industry, where you’ll focus on marketing The Podcast Host’s software and education offerings.
As an Acquisition Specialist, you will own the client lead generation and conversion pipeline. Working with internal and external specialists, and the Head of Growth, you will contribute to the strategy and implementation of both existing and new acquisition channels and funnels. You will take responsibility for the company’s paid channels, and work closely with their content team to manage and improve their owned media channels.
You will have the opportunity to research, build, and grow the affiliate programme, which is seen as a huge growth tool for the company. You’ll take existing initiatives and grow them into a profitable source of leads and customers.
Lead-generation and conversion strategy on owned media channels
- The blog, ThePodcastHost.com
- Slots in the newsletter and podcast
Day-to-day running of paid channels (and/or working with external contractors)
- Paid search
- YouTube ads
- Facebook, Instagram ads
- Podcast sponsorship
Taking ownership of and building the affiliate channels
- Product user affiliates
- Independent affiliates (influencers)
Take ownership of acquisition metrics across channels
- Build attribution model to track channel performance accurately
- Create fortnightly reports on performance.
Help to develop new, innovative campaign concepts
Contributing to the team’s overall growth strategy (emphasis on a “test and learn fast” strategy)
Building and maintaining an ongoing testing calendar
Ideation and implementation of segmented buyer journeys (funnels)
- Audience research, and interpretation of existing data
- Design and copywriting for landing pages, adverts, and lead magnets
- Accurate conversion tracking from lead to purchase
- Setting out structure for email sequences
Work closely with the internal UX & Development specialist to continuously improve on-site conversion and develop new landing pages and experiences
Manage a fluid budget
Landing page, conversion and funnel testing and analysis. Analysing impacts and optimising to acquisition goals
Don’t be put off if you feel you don’t match up to everything above. It is an exhaustive list! Even if you’re confident with half of the above, are willing to grow and learn, and have a positive attitude, then please do apply.
The Podcast Host has recently taken up office space at CodeBase Edinburgh, the UK’s largest technology incubator. Home to over 90 companies who have collectively raised over half a billion dollars in investment, it is the centre of the tech scene in the city. We’re looking for someone based in, or close to, Edinburgh, so you can come to the office on a regular basis. But you’ll have the opportunity to mix remote work with office work at this entrepreneurial community hub, working from home too.
This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate and supportive team with tremendous potential for personal and professional development. The company will support with courses, equipment, and conference attendance to help your development.
Other benefits include:
- Holiday pay (4 weeks per year),
- Staff parties
- 2 years experience in a similar role
- Experience managing digital acquisition channels – PPC, SEO, Display, Affiliate, Paid Social Channels
- Experience building/managing paid campaigns on Google (Search & YouTube), Bing, Facebook, etc.
- Experience developing, managing and reporting text ads, display and retargeting ads
- Experience creating landing pages using either WordPress or Webflow
- Experience writing copy for ads, landing pages, and other buyer journey materials
- Experience in attribution tracking, analytics and performance reporting
- Creative ideation skill, and experience in implementing creative vision for mixed media advertising materials.
- Experience in podcasting or other content creation
- If you have a genuine interest in podcasting, even better!
Your mindset is really important to this role and this team. Values, culture, whatever you call it, it’s how you think. Now, this doesn’t mean everyone having the same thoughts, beliefs or background. Quite the opposite – The Podcast Host team is passionate about bringing in diverse ideas and opinions, from all backgrounds. Your mindset is more about how you approach things like work and communication.
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
To apply for this job please visit www.aai-employability.org.uk.